Sunday 18 November 2007

Week 9: Podcasts, Video & Downloadable audio continued

#21 Podcasts, Smodcasts!
I accessed the recommended podcast directories, but after trawling through many podcasts, I could not find much that interested me. Instead, I sourced my examples locally (in Australia) by accessing the Australian Broadcasting Commission (ABC) website (http://www.abc.net.au/). I have viewed this site extensively in the past so I knew it offered an interesting array of podcasts based on TV and Radio programming.

I have added two podcasts to my Blogroll from the ABC website; excerpts from Andrew Denton's popular interview show Enough Rope and an informative podcast of The Book Show, which talks about the written word in all formats; more recently discussing the screen writer's strike in Hollywood, LA.

There are many opportunities for podcasts in the public library arena, just a few examples could include;
  • Storytime - downloadable for those extended road trips
  • Local History - a terrific way to maintain oral history in a community setting
  • Instructional - provide end user training on refining searching techniques and so on.

Technorati tag

No comments: